Do you know how I know? Because they are posted all over social media.
Every day, someone is posting a quote that they needed and helped them through whatever is going on at the time. And I will often find one that speaks to me so I share it on my own Facebook or Twitter hoping to motivate or inspire someone else.
In fact, I have a motivational quote at my desk made up of colourful post-it-notes. It says “it’s not over until I win!”. And it gets a comment from almost everyone who sees it.
Sometimes when you’re feeling tired and spent, you need a push to get you moving again so here are some motivational quotes that you can turn to when you need to.
Get some post it notes and stick some on your computer monitor, on the sun visor in your car, the inside of the coffee cupboard door or beside the mirror in the bathroom. Anywhere that you are likely to be looking several times a day.
It only takes a moment to read and it will distract you from whatever stress or chaos you’re experiencing at that time and bring you back to positivity and give you some energy to keep going.
- Either you run the day or the day runs you. Jim Rohn
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Charles R. Swindoll
- What you do today can improve all of your tomorrows. Ralph Marston
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucious
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. Franklin D. Roosevelt
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started. Mark Twain
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney
- Good things come to people who wait but better things come to those who go out and get them. Anonymous
- I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. Thomas Edison
- A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. David Brinkley
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. Anonymous
- Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Lolly Daskall
- I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. Thomas Jefferson
- If you’re going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill
- Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward. Victor Kiam
- I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse. Florence Nightingale
- The more things you do, the more things you can do. Lucille Ball
- Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. William Butler Yeats
- Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it. Diane Sawyer
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. Margaret Thatcher
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain
- You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible. Deepak Chopra
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Image courtesy of dan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net